Wednesday 2 March 2011

It's Better To Be Awkward Than Bored - Outreach Week Six

So this week passed kinda same as usual - same ministries, different challenges. And before I knew it we were halfway through outreach and it was time for our mid-way break. So, we spent  few days chiling out, maxing, relaxing all cool and shooting some b-ball out by the pool. For real, we spent a few days resting, relaxing, reflecting and re-energising (check my alliteration).

There was eight of us in our room when we left the base and words cannot express the joy and luxury it was to only have two people in a room. And even better we went from eight girls sharing one bathroom to five girls sharing two bathrooms. Another thing that made it so amazing - having a choice of pillows. I currently have to fold my pillow in half to even notice that its there. However I was now faced with the choice of three pillows. Exciting times let me tell you. And another thing - I could sit in bed without hitting my head on the ceiling/bunk above. Good news and great joy.

One reason for the break was to take time to think about what we've done so far and where we could improve/do things differently. My conclusion: it's better to be awkward than bored.

I get bored of routine easily and now that we're used to what we've been doing it's alot less awkward, leaving alot more room to get bored. Not bored of what we're doing but bored of doing the same thing. That might not make sense to you but if you stand back, squint a bit and then look at a bright light it does.

So the challenge is to push the boundaries of awkward more. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment