Sunday 14 November 2010

Outreach Update

So I don’t really have much new info since I last posted about it. However I do have an interesting fact: Muizenberg is great for surfing. Unfortunately the only thing (besides a hippo infestation) that would prevent me from surfing everyday (aside from having to get my hair wet) is that I might get eaten by a shark. I exaggerate not, someone was even eaten when the YWAM team were there last year.

However I’m thinking that there’s great potential for a three month long game of chicken. We’d have to change the name though; I’m thinking ‘Shark Bait.’

How d’you play? I’m thinking go into the sea and surround yourself with dead fish/cut your leg and whoever can stay in longest without getting eaten wins. Whoever runs for shore first earns the title of ‘Lily Livered Coward.’ If you get eaten you earn the title of’ The Honourable Sir Shark Bait’. If you win then we’ll just call you the winner. As you can tell, there’s more honour in being eaten, not that I’m suggesting that you should try it or anything (ahem).

Fortunately we have a doctor on the team who can patch us up if we have any near misses/aggressive negotiations/close encounters of the deathly kind. Mum - there’s no need to worry that you’ll get a midnight phone call informing you that I’ve been eaten by a shark, there’ll only be a three-ish hour time difference so you’re far more likely to get a call in the middle of the day. You can sleep easy.

2 comments: