Saturday 25 September 2010

Life in Auckland so far

I have a confession to make - I almost said "y'all" yesterday. A consequence of hanging out with mainly Americans for two days. I'm thinking of increasing the englishness so that I don't lose my accent but aside from drinking more tea and trying the old skool banter I can't think what to do (this is serious, I just thought the last few words in a southern American accent). Any suggestions?    

Its been great so far. The school starts on Sunday (so excited) so we've been exploring the city and using free Internet in coffee shops for the last couple of days.

We're staying in a hostel in central Auckland, which is cool cause we're in the centre but not so cool that we have two female toilets and one shower on our floor. I'm sharing a room with four other girls (three American and one Swiss). As we're in a hostel we have practically no storage space. I know what y'all (see, there it goes again) thinking: but Rach where you gonna put all the presents you're gonna buy me? Simple solution- if you give me £5 then I'll post it to you, if not, well what can I say? - you snooze you bro, that's how it works on street countdown. Get to know.

I love the city but it's really hilly and after two days I can say that it ties with New York for third greatest city in the world (1. Croy to-the den, 2. Lon to-the don).

I'm not sure what you wanna know, so either pass it on to family, email or comment.

I'm off to church now so I'll talk to y'all later (see what I mean?!)

4 comments:

  1. firstly since when is croydon a city???
    secondly if u say y'all when u get back to london i will hit you
    and thirdly am glad ur having fun :)

    x

    (holly)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Croydon may not be nationally recognized as a city but y'all should know it is to me Holl:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you have arrived safely and are having a great time in your new surroundings! I have put the link to your blog on the website. You can keep up to date with what's going on at home at the WGCC. Will look forward to your next installment. Take care now and be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rachel

    You really need to think about going into comedy, I have not laugh so much in such a long time. I am glad it is all working out for you so far. I have a solution for your storage, bin what you dont need, or better still give it away, it will be out of fashion when you get back anyway. May God bless you and protect you throughout this experience. Take Care
    The Adams family xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete