Tuesday 30 November 2010

Life is not a Chocolate Muffin (Week Eight)

So I haven’t written for like two weeks. I’m blaming writer’s block. I spent two days in bed lamenting that I was letting my audience down. I was convinced that you good people of cyber space would be lost without my words of wisdom. All I could do was binge eat chocolate and write sad poetry. However. All is not lost. I appear to be over it (whoopwhoop).
So here goes: Week Eight.
Our topic was the Lordship of Jesus. Conclusion for the week – to really have Jesus as Lord is to have a heart like his; to see, treat and love people as he did. It was a crazy week. Our speaker was very loud. Very very loud. I retreated to the back row for a couple of days in the hope that it would be a bit quieter there. It wasn’t. I learned a lot though.
Friday was a bit different. We spent the day worshipping God through a New Testament version of the Tent of Meeting (big ol’ tent thing in the Old Testament). It was cray to-the zee (not to be confused with Jay Z.  - Sorry, couldn’t resist). Praise, worship, confession, tears, repentance, thanksgiving, sacrifice (don’t worry, it wasn’t animal sacrifices – although at one point we thought it would be. For real. I almost started crying), prayer, dancing and the presence of God. It was a tiring day (about 14 hours) but totally awesome. There has been few occasions when I’ve felt the presence of God so strongly and this was definitely one of them.
The day after we had a much needed lie-in and then went to Sheepworld in the afternoon. It was jokes. Not only were there sheep, and some really cute lambs but also: emus, possums (I didn’t know what they were either), pigs, rabbits, chickens, donkeys, guinea pigs and of course alpacas (what you  would naturally expect to find at a sheep farm).We saw a sheep dog demonstration thing. I now have renewed appreciation for the complexities of sheep farming and training working dogs.
So that’s it. A very brief outline of Week Eight. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment