Monday 3 January 2011

Words with j, k, u & c - Outreach Week One

Three words for you people:

Nando’s

Drive

Through

Read them and weep. One of the first things I saw on the way from the airport to the hostel. I’ll say them again incase you missed it: Nando’s Drive Through. Try to control your tears of jealousy.

So we made to Muizenberg ok (if you ignore almost half the group having luggage problems and a few sprints across airports). But we all made it.

We're pretty much living on the beach (about three minutes away). You can even hear the sea from our room at the hostel - makes a change from people shouting and car brakes screeching up the hill like in Auckland. We totally upgraded our room from the one in Auckland – a lot bigger and more storage space whoopwhoop.

My biggest problem at the moment (besides the wind blowing my hair everywhere no matter how many pins I put in it) is coping with the prices. It’s about ten rand to the British pound. So at first I'm like "woah!! one-hundred-and-fifty!!" and then I realise that that's about fifteen pounds (can't find the pound symbol on the keyboard – could you tell?) and I'm so relived that it's gone from 150 to 15 that I immediately want to buy it. So far I have resisted the temptation to spend like crazy (if you ignore the fact that I can’t help but buy some of the amazing different kinds of Dairy Milk they have here).

So we figured that it would be good to try and blend in. You know, not be too conspicuous. FAIL. On our first group trip - just walking around Muizenberg - we were asked of we were YWAM. Apparently there’s no need to tattoo it to our foreheads or wear a sign because we're that obvious. It’s a bit creepy. Almost like we’re always being watched.

If you wanna know what we did this week then check the team blog: www.sateam2010.blogspot.com

Something else we did was play Bananagrams. A lot. Five minutes till team meeting – Bananagrams. Two minutes till dinner – Bananagrams. I think we may have a problem. If you can think of any words with j, k, u or c the let me know. 

2 comments:

  1. jog, jig, kid, kite, ugly, urine, cat, clip

    we have a bananagram problem here too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good words. I'm so gonna win the next round. I'm glad that we're not the only ones with a problem. I'm also glad that you guys are alive - we were beginning to wonder.

    ReplyDelete